Here are review links for this film submitted by our members:
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: Although it’s been goosed with dramatic license which proves unnecessary overkill by “Precious” screenwriter Geoffrey Fletcher, director Edward Zwick’s adaptation is the most powerful anti-death penalty film since 1995’s “Dead Man Walking.”
- James Jay Edwards @ FilmFracture
- [New] | MaryAnn Johanson @ FlickFilosopher.com
- Excerpt: Earnest, old-fashioned social-justice drama focuses on the death penalty from the “what if we execute an innocent person?” angle, with hugely engaging performances by Jack O’Connell and Laura Dern.
- Mike McGranaghan @ The Aisle Seat
- Excerpt: Well worth seeing for those with an interest in social issue movies.
- Aaron Neuwirth @ We Live Entertainment
- Excerpt: Trial by Fire has plenty of strength when it comes to its two lead performers, but it’s as if director Edward Zwick feels as though holding back and letting the linear plot do the work is all that’s needed…