Reviews for this film from our members:
- [New – 1/17] | Luke Bonanno @ DVDizzy.com
- Excerpt: While The Possession is nothing you haven’t seen before, it’s a perfectly serviceable piece of haunting/exorcism horror that exceeds the recent entries to that subgenre that I’ve seen.
- Tim Brayton @ Antagony & Ecstasy
- Excerpt: Offers nothing new without being actively terrible.
- Kevin Carr @ 7M Pictures
- Excerpt: Like “The Apparition,” “The Possession” is slumber party horror movie fodder. It’ll likely only scare 13-year-old girls, but at least it had some decent atmosphere and was interesting enough to keep me watching.
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: As if to remind us of his past fame, Bornedal holds his climax in a hospital’s basement morgue where the unleashing of hell apparently cannot be heard on floors above.
- Mark Dujsik @ Mark Reviews Movies
- Excerpt: Whatever good will The Possession has built up begins to dissipate rapidly, and we start to realize that maybe it wasn’t worth struggling over in the first place.
- Susan Granger @ www.susangranger.com
- Excerpt: Underwhelming supernatural fare, somewhat creepy but easily forgettable
- Mark Harris @ About.com
- Benjamin Kramer @ The Voracious Filmgoer
- Mike McGranaghan @ The Aisle Seat
- Excerpt: Better than you’d expect but not as good as it could have been, The Possession is an average film that contains a few undeniably great moments.
- Jason Pirodsky @ Expats.cz
- Excerpt: A nicely-produced, well-directed, competently-acted, but entirely generic possession film that loses its potential terror by over-explaining itself to us, and then doesn’t make enough sense anyway to work on a logical level.
- Márcio Sallem @ Cinema com Crítica [Portuguese]
- Amir Siregar @ Flick Magazine [Indonesian]
- Cole Smithey @ ColeSmithey.com
- Excerpt: Put “The Possession” on the short-list for one of the worst films of 2012.
- Frank Swietek @ One Guy’s Opinion
- Ron Wilkinson @ Monstersand Critics.com
- Excerpt: After seeing this film, you may never buy at a garage sale, again.