Reviews for this film from our members:
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: a tale of arrested development that strains credulity to an overly literal soundtrack.
- Jeremy Kibler @ The Artful Critic
- Excerpt: Poolside Growing Pains: Kristen Bell hits honest notes in familiar but frank, moving “Lifeguard”
- Mike McGranaghan @ The Aisle Seat
- Jamie S. Rich @ Oregon Live
- Excerpt: The Lifeguard is like the bummer sibling to last year’s acclaimed “Hello I Must Be Going.” Bell gives a strong performance, eschewing her own perky persona to navigate the melancholia, but the conclusion of writer/director Liz W. Garcia’s script fails to go as deep as the heavy lead-in requires.
- [New – 9/5] | Cole Smithey @ ColeSmithey.com
- Excerpt: Five years of unprecedented economic collapse has led many Americans to travel a path similar to Kristen Bell’s 30-year-old character in Liz W. Garcia’s spotty debut feature.