Reviews for this film from our members:
- [New – 1/10] | Rick Aragon @ Rick’s Cafe Texan
- Luke Bonanno @ DVDizzy.com
- Excerpt: Much of the time, Sparkle is bland and routine, supplying unremarkable music, story, and characters. When it finally does something to get your attention, it’s negative attention earned by overdramatic moments and off-the-wall developments.
- Mark Dujsik @ Mark Reviews Movies
- Excerpt: Tells a familiar story … but does so with a surprising amount of compassion, a weary soul, and a soundtrack that encapsulates and recreates a musical era with verve.
- Candice Frederick @ Reel Talk [English]
- Excerpt: Thirty-six years after the original release of Sparkle, women are still searching for a sizable number of distinctive and identifiable lead roles on the big screen. This film gives each actress a real arch, a meaty snack to chew on as they flex core acting muscles.
- Kimberly Gadette @ doddle
- Excerpt: Rather than a sing-along, consider this film a ‘say-along,’ with lines so clichéd that you might find yourself reciting them in perfect sync with the flat characters.
- Susan Granger @ www.susangranger.com
- Excerpt: Sudsy and spirited, it’s Whitney Houston’s unintentional cinematic swansong.
- Tom Santilli @ Examiner.com
- Excerpt: It’s nearly impossible to view this film as anything but a swan song to Whitney. It’s a cliche-ridden and at times an uncomfortably bad movie. But it will forever be linked with a real-life tragedy that is hard not to think about.
- Frank Swietek @ One Guy’s Opinion
- Phil Villarreal @ OK Magazine
- Excerpt: There may or may not be an actual movie hidden among all the showstopping musical numbers in Sparkle. Not that there needs to be.
Deprecated: parse_str(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/ofcs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php on line 4078