Reviews for this film from our members:
- David Bax @ Battleship Pretension
- Excerpt: Unlike the work of the men who bear the surname – one a painter at the end of his life, the other a great filmmaker in the making – Renoir the film appears to have almost no imperative for existing.
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: Bourdos hired art forger Guy Ribes to be the ‘hands’ of the painter, and so “Renoir” is a real look at art being created, showing us how nudes can be conjured out of a few rounded lines, how a stroke of brown paint defines a woman’s curves.
- Susan Granger @ www.susangranger.com
- Excerpt: Sensual , sophisticated and visually sumptuous – appealing primarily to an older audience of art lovers.
- [New – 10/3] | Pat Mullen @ Cinemablographer