Here are review links for this film submitted by our members:
- Herman Dhaliwal @ Cinema Sanctum
- Excerpt: It’s a effectively told and gorgeously animated story about the pain and joy that comes with family, be it through parenthood or the relationship between siblings, and how the power of kindness and empathy can keep everything together.
- [New] | Bavner Donaldo @ Cinejour [Indonesian]
- MaryAnn Johanson @ FlickFilosopher.com
- Excerpt: This tenderly animated Japanese film about sibling rivalry is lovely with its fantasy, but too convoluted for children and too slight for adults.
- Jared Mobarak @ JaredMobarak.com
- Excerpt: Hosoda delves into the mind of a child and all the turmoil and incapacitating stubbornness that comes from needing to rely on someone else for everything. In such a complicated scenario, big changes can be naively interpreted as abandonment.
- Tusshar Sasi @ Filmy Sasi
- Excerpt: The final act of Mamoru Hosoda’s ‘Mirai’ is a fine proof on how utterly magical can cinema be.