Reviews for this film from our members:
- David Bax @ Battleship Pretension
- Excerpt: Multiple reviews of Ron Morales’ Graceland have made jokes the gists of which are that the film probably doesn’t have many fans among the Philippines tourism board. While it’s true that this nasty, lo-fi movie – part thriller, part miserablist drama – has plenty to say about the dangers that flourish in the precipitously functional country, its deeper concerns, about the evils of which humans are capable and the different things that drive us to them, are universal.
- [New – 5/9] | Joshua Brunsting @ The CriterionCast
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: Watching writer/director Ron Morales’ harrowing account of poor people’s struggles in a violent and corrupt country is a sharp reminder of just how unrealistic entertainments like “Taken” really are.
- Mark Dujsik @ Mark Reviews Movies
- Excerpt: Graceland is more concerned with the moral compromises of individuals than the greater failures of society.
- Peter Nellhaus @ Coffee Coffee and more Coffee