Here’s what we’ve been watching on television.
- Excerpt: Okay TV watchers…your fellow human beings are not the only ones that can bring some drama and comedy to a science fiction/fantasy television show.
Beyond the Junior-Sized Jupiter: A Nostalgic Sci-Fi Sampling for Kids of Yesteryear
- Excerpt: As a child coming of age in the decade of the 1970’s, children’s programming was crucial for me and other adventurous tykes looking for futuristic escapism particularly if you had science fiction leanings or harbored the appreciation for fantasy that removed you from the world of other silly-minded kiddie fare that did not cater to your particular tastes.
Da Vinci’s Demons: The Complete First Season
- Excerpt: Da Vinci’s Demons is historical fiction, with the emphasis on the “fiction.” David S. Goyer and his collaborators have done research, not to enlighten us, but to fuel, in typical Starz fashion, a pulp alternative to stately costume dramas.
Frank(ly) Speaking: TV Trivia Try Me…If You Dare!
- Excerpt: Who hasn’t wondered about the most arcane facts regarding their favorite fantasy and/or science fiction television show at one point? The stigma for knowing unimportant material about your choice of entertainment can be either quite empowering or embarrassing depending on your thought process.
A Friendly “Hi” to Sci-Fi TV: Commoners are Welcome!
- Excerpt: Now the question remains: which so-called science fiction TV shows are for the true and blue sci-fi sycophants and which ones are friendlier to the average (or not so average) television viewer of this preferred genre?
Motherly Instinct: A Sci-Fi Lullaby
- Excerpt: In ‘Motherly Instinct: A Sci-Fi Lullaby’ we will examine some of television’s notable matriarchs within the realm of old-time sci-fi/fantasy entertainment on the small screen. These extraordinary mothers, for the most part, are steady as a rock and hold their own in the face of adversity and adventure.
Orange Is The New Black
- Excerpt: Lets expand the discussion to a series that flashes a similarly uncompromising light on its female characters– Orange Is The New Black.
Rectify – Season 1
Tiago Ramos @ Split Screen [Portuguese]
The Robotic Dance: A Great Way to Doing the Sci-Fi Shuffle!
- Excerpt: Ah, there is nothing like the companionship of a mechanical mate to get one through the hard times, right? Well, television has certainly provided its share of a walking bucket of bolts throughout the decades on the boob tube. Whether these particular television robots were decorated or despised it did not matter in the least because they were still fascinating on many levels.
- Excerpt: Devoid of personality and chock-full of exposition, “Seattle Superstorm” is a movie that’s tough to imagine being genuinely enjoyed by anyone.
Take Me to Your Leader!
- Excerpt: Throughout the history of television, our beloved (and overlooked) science fiction, horror and fantasy adventure characters answered to a higher power than themselves—their leaders! So in the TV column Take Me to Your Leader, we will take a look at some of the boob tube’s most cherished (or despised) leaders/bosses/supervisors/commanders and determine their worth and purpose in the world of small screen entertainment.
Try My Hero Sandwich: An Unlikely Taste, Huh?
- Excerpt: In the world of TV science fiction and fantasy, we all pretty much know what defines a hero. The traits of reassurance, confidence, strength, ability, instincts and courage are among the main ingredients requiring a hero to act accordingly when he/she is out to save the world from evil forces.
- Excerpt: Let’s face it, people…we like our heroes in sci-fi/fantasy that challenge the conventions of courageousness and leadership. However, the thought of being a hero is no way the zany fun than being a ‘zero’…a villainous viper whose cowardice, calculating brilliance and evil-minded ways somehow steals the show.
Welcome to My Opening Act
- Excerpt: The one main selling point for an individual to gravitate to a particular television show is probably the inviting opening credits and the accompanying theme music.