Reviews for this film from our members:
- Jason Bailey @ DVD Talk
- Excerpt: The trailers make it look like a movie you’ve seen many times before. It’s not, to its credit.
- Luke Bonanno @ DVDizzy.com
- Excerpt: Like most independent films, this one deserves credit for exploring conflict that isn’t overly familiar and obviously fictional.
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: …an astute analysis of the emotions that come into play when a couple realizes they are better off as best friends and how even that relationship must shift to accommodate new romantic partners.
- Mark Dujsik @ Mark Reviews Movies
- Excerpt: Really shines as these people, whose codependence has trapped them in a state of arrested development, start to grow up—for the most part, at least.
- Kate Erbland @ Film School Rejects
- Candice Frederick @ Reel Talk
- Excerpt: Rashida Jones has managed to do what few actors, regardless of color or gender, have done before her–write and star in a modern romantic comedy that neither belittles its audience nor creates a bombastic utopia of what love looks like.
- Cynthia Fuchs @ PopMatters
- Excerpt: They’re going to move on, they agree, but for the moment, they’ll just do what’s simple and comfortable.
- Susan Granger @ www.susangranger.com
- Excerpt: Tiresome and shallow, it’s only 90 minutes in length but it, somehow, seems like forever.
- Dan Kelly @ eFilmCritic
- Benjamin Kramer @ The Voracious Filmgoer
- Matthew Lucas @ From the Front Row
- Excerpt: Like Elijah Wood’s awkward sassy gay boss who doesn’t know how to be sassy, “Celeste and Jesse Forever” doesn’t seem to know how to be the film it so desperately wants to be.
- Ryan McNeil @ The Matinee
- Excerpt: Moment after moment of our lives, we are forced to decide what’s in our own best interest, and what’s best for everybody else. Sometimes those decisions are easy: Other times, not so much.
- Simon Miraudo @ Quickflix
- Darren Mooney @ the m0vie blog
- Excerpt: Surprisingly heartfelt and a little sweet. Not quite one for the ages, but worth a look.
- Jamie S. Rich @ DVD Talk
- Excerpt: The Burt Bacharach/Hal David-penned pop hit “Make It Easy On Yourself” famously opines that “breaking up is so very hard to do.” This, it would seem, holds true some 40 years after it was a hit for Jerry Butler, because Celeste and Jesse, who are the titular couple from CELESTE AND JESSE FOREVER, can’t seem to get away from each other no matter how hard they try.
- Stephen Saito @ The Moveable Fest
- [New – 5/3] | Marcio Sallem @ Em Cartaz [Portuguese]
- Tom Santilli @ Examiner.com
- Excerpt: Give Celeste and Jesse Forever a lot of credit for working within the defined guidelines of a rom-com, but landing as something fresh and different.
- Frank Swietek @ One Guy’s Opinion
One thought on “Reviews: Celeste and Jesse Forever (2012)”
so glad other people are watching this movie. i really enjoyed it.
Deprecated: parse_str(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/ofcs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php on line 4078