Reviews for this film from our members:
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: Lemmons adds themes of religious hypocrisy and the cyclical effects of poverty, but marries the two for her resolution, abandoning real answers for a fairy tale climax while her symbolic Mary and Joseph figures are left out in the cold.
- [New – 1/2/14] | Michael Dequina @ TheMovieReport.com
- Mark Dujsik @ Mark Reviews Movies
- Excerpt: The problem isn’t that the movie wears its religious intent on its sleeve but that it uses religion as an easy, all-purpose fix to each and every problem that its characters face.
- Susan Granger @ www.susangranger.com
- Excerpt: Sincerely spiritual and inspirational, turning the movie theater into a church and preaching to the choir.
- Jeremy Kibler @ The Artful Critic
- Excerpt: Even when the film tries to mesh too many things without much subtlety—oh, and by the way, it’s a musical extravaganza—and doesn’t always ring true in its scenes of poverty and redemption, the film has enough joyous and sincere moments to count as chicken soup for the holiday-happy soul.
- Benjamin Kramer @ The Voracious Filmgoer
- Frank Swietek @ One Guys Opinion
- Excerpt: Though its heart is in the right place and it boasts a strong cast, it’s a case of preaching–and singing–to the choir.
Deprecated: parse_str(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/ofcs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php on line 4078