Reviews for this film from our members:
- Mark Harris @ About.com
- Roderick Heath @ Ferdyon Films
- Excerpt: Berberian Sound Studio is, in many respects, an experimental film, an extended attempt to explore the pure texture of cinema, a layered journey through the act of creation itself that becomes at the same time a mesmerising experiential plunge. For anyone who engages with Strickland’s seriously peculiar yet remarkable style, this is a genuinely galvanising film experience—and those are pretty rare at the best of times.
- [New – 12/13/13] | Wesley Lovell @ Cinema Sight
- Excerpt: However, the realm of Italian horror films carries dark themes and seeps into our consciousness in ways few films could manage.
- Matthew McKernan @ FilmWhinge
- Excerpt: The film is not without its little joys, though these are all contained within the film’s first twenty minutes. Afterwards, these same jokes or ideas or gimmicks, depending on what you think of them, are repeated endlessly for the rest of the film, which gets incredibly tiresome.