Reviews for this film from our members:
- Marco Albanese @ Stanze di Cinema [Italian]
- Excerpt: Frederick Wiseman, uno dei grandi documentaristi della nostra epoca entra con le sue macchine da presa a Berkeley, l’Università pubblica della Bay Area di San Francisco, la seconda più importante d’America per standard qualitativi e ne coglie tutta l’eccezionalità e la ricchezza.
- Tim Brayton @ Antagony & Ecstasy
- Excerpt: The film may be uncommonly long, but it dances by playfully… feels almost like a series of short films, all of them wonderful little exercises in eavesdropping.
- Joshua Brunsting @ The CriterionCast
- Laura Clifford @ Reeling Reviews
- Excerpt: One of the great things about the 83 year-old Frederick Wiseman is that he never approaches a subject like the blind men and the elephant – the director presents us with the whole mammal.
- Benjamin Kramer @ The Voracious Filmgoer
- [New – 12/23/13] | Jamie S. Rich @ Oregon Live
- Excerpt: Wiseman’s editing favors extended takes. He creates interesting juxtapositions between the differing concerns and pursuits of the faculty and student body, but your butt and your brain may find the excessive runtime equally punishing.
- Frank Swietek @ One Guys Opinion
- Excerpt: Another Wiseman mega-documentary that may be challenging in terms of length but provides ample reward.
Deprecated: parse_str(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/ofcs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack.php on line 4078