OFCS members don’t just write film reviews. Here are several articles you might find interesting.
Festivals: Individual Reviews
Denver Film Festival – Ben is Back
- Excerpt: The film takes place over a twenty-four hour period. It may be considered a thematic revisit by Hedges as his earlier Pieces of April was about a Thanksgiving dinner that goes wrong, and the family in that film is also named Burns.
Denver Film Festival – Euphoria
- Excerpt: Euphoria is Valeria Golino’s second feature as a director. Like her debut, Honey, death, or more precisely, how it is dealt with is explored.
Denver Film Festival – Naples in Veils
- Excerpt: Naples in Veils flips the genders of Vertigo with an older woman and a younger man.
Denver Film Festival – The Whiskey Bandit
- Excerpt: Nimrod Antal has stated that one of his favorite directors is Stanley Kubrick. The influence is seen with the series of traveling shots and frequent lateral tracking shots.
Denver Film Festival – United Skates
- Excerpt: How is it that no one in Hollywood thought there was a movie to be made about African-American skaters?
Video Essays, Video Reviews, Vlogs & More
The Outer Limits of Spookery: Resurrecting ‘The Ghost of Sierra de Cobre’
Other Types of Articles
The Princess Bride – The Criterion Collection (Blu-ray Review)
- Excerpt: The Criterion Collection’s restoration of The Princess Bride is magnificent.